Total Pageviews

Wednesday 24 April 2013

Intelligent totty...

Two out of three hobbits are off on a school trip today.

They are very excited about going and chatted animatedly about it at bed time last night. However, one vital piece of information stopped me in my reading tracks of The Gruffalo's Child...

"Mr H is going," says Superman.
"Oh?" I say, the raised eyebrows and slightly raised voice completely missed by my son...however his excitement is palpable.
"Yes, and C and I are with him all day!" He says almost bursting. Clearly Mr H has made an impression on my son.
"So you like Mr H?"
"Yes, he reads with me."

Mr H sounds like he has made quite an impression on quite a few of the children, not just my little superman and his best friend. They do say that if a teacher can impress you in your school years, then you are more likely to be inspired in your own learning.

So, Batman and Superman are ready to go see some animals. They are packed with bottles of water, sun cream, a very nice lunch (with a healthy apple), a rain mac (just in case) and have some healthy mantra's that they may feel like repeating on the way round to Mr H...

'Mummy is lovely....Mummy is kind...she rides a motorbike and is cool...Mummy is intelligent totty....' To name just a few....

Hey don't judge me. I know what I want; the Hollywood ending is still there and still has the possibility of sweeping me off my feet...but in the meantime, maybe Mr H is free...

No comments: