Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 April 2013

Going out in style...

Just eight weeks and two sleeps until Pootle and I jet off to New York!

I promise not to do that on every blog for the next eight weeks, however I can't promise that as we get closer to the days that I won't start counting in sleeps...so bear with me, ok?

It also means that I have just eight weeks to finish my list, and as always I have left things to the last minute but there has been progress lately and things are starting to come together.

Both the tractor driving and off roading experience are in the planning stages, and I have made a decision on what type of tattoo I want.

What I really haven't focused on is the writing. The novel that will be, and is bound to be crap, but nevertheless it is on the list and I want to move on much farther than I have with it. I don't expect to finish it in eight weeks...but I could at least have the first draft out couldn't I? Adream would suggest poetically that I should have pulled my finger out many years ago, and he is right, I am a great procrastinator when I feel like it.

So I have made some decisions in the last few days that hopefully will give me some time to do these things over the coming two months. The blog has been cathartic; it has helped my journey for the past ten months immensely and I am still at a loss to know what to do next if anything at all. Do I continue with a new blog, or do I just say goodbye to it as something that was a working tool for the year that I needed it most?

Pootle mentioned to me that she felt that the last post in New York will be emotional, no matter what happens...it has been a hell of a year; however the fact that the last post will be in NY is very poignant.

In the meantime, she and I are getting ready with our plans for our trip. We will be 'working it' on the plane, (she has purchased classy red shoes to totter down the gangway with) so hopefully our ATD may get us SFU, and who knows we may get to sit next to the MOB and drink gin and tonics in first class all the way.

We have so many other plans as well to cram into our four days of fun in the Big Apple, giant Piano's, Broadway, hot dogs on a street corner, re-enacting the bar scene from Pretty Woman (but not the one where she sits on the piano keys, I like Pootle...but not that much) and lots of sight seeing...

The blog and us, just have to go out in style...

No comments: