Total Pageviews

Saturday 13 April 2013

Bigger and better...

Pootle and I are chick flicking it tonight.

That doesn't mean we are playing some strange game of tiddly winks, but merely we have come half way through the weekend and are exhausted already; so consequently only dinner, tea and Bridget Jones and Mark D'Arcy will do....
Aaaahhh...
"Nice boys don't kiss like that" says Bridget breathlessly at the end...
"Oh yes they f**king do..." Mark gasps as he embraces her once again...The Hollywood ending....yeah baby.

God we are suckers for a decent screen kiss...as we pass the tissues and the chocolate buttons.

Anyway what has led to my shattered demise this evening, was a day out biking with the boys from Bike Smart. They have retrained me all over again after a six month dry spell, and I have come to the end of the day feeling quite spent.

Being back out on the bike again today was sobering.
I have left it far too long and I must make more of an effort to practice more. It took me some time to remove my training wheels, but by mid afternoon I was getting there and spent the next two hours practicing with the lovely Dave.

The trouble was...it was absolutely bucketing down. By the time we had finished, my nose was running, my arse was soaking, my hands were numb and my feet were like wet blocks of ice. Walking back into the office, I looked like the frog from 'Room on the Broom'...

I have decided that a courier I will not be, this is purely for pleasure and when it is definitely not raining.  I don't do rain while riding a motor bike...I am a wuss.

Nevertheless, my beautiful new crash helmet got christened (not literally Dad, it stayed on my head and nowhere near the road)...and even though it was raining and freezing, an itch must have been scratched because I am doing it all again tomorrow.

I can genuinely say I absolutely love being out on the bike again - I really have been bitten by the bug and can not wait to move on from the practice, to the enjoyment and then onto bigger and better things.

The DAS course may not happen within the year of being forty, but I believe that it is entirely possible that it will happen within the year of being forty one...bring it back on tomorrow.

2 comments:

biker said...

Bike riding in snow or rain is no fun but on a sunny day pure pleasure

Keep practising as you need to be able to do all of these

Wonder(ing) Woman said...

I think the fear of the rain, helped with confidence in the sun today...much improvement. Will be out and about with you soon xx