Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 December 2012

The Christmas party...

Ahhh, it is that time of year.

The office Christmas party.

Where a bunch of people who work very hard all year, go out and pretend to like each other and get into mischief.

Thankfully I work with a team of people who actually do, in the main really like each other. I am quite lucky as the people I work with are friendly and nice, and some of them I count on as my closest friends.

I was really looking forward to the evening.

I had, I confess, a dress that I had been looking forward to wearing for about three months having purchased it and never worn it earlier this year.

It wasnt cheap this dress...and it was a lovely shade of red...very Christmassy I thought.

Alas, since I bought this dress I have lost more weight. Which of course, from one point of view is really good news and I am pleased. However, putting it on from something that fitted me perfectly just two and a half months ago, it now felt like a limp rag on me.

To say I was dissapointed is somewhat of an understatement. I have lost weight round my hips so it just hung there and it is probably best not to mention what has happened to my boobs. Even the babysitter suggested a lift up with some chicken fillets!

However, it was too late to change by the time I decided it was pants so I wore it anyway. Nobody of course noticed, but I could feel it all evening...so consequently will just have to go out and buy another dress. Shucks.

The good news, is that I wasn't the only one with a dress disaster. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to be a bitch...but sometimes, just on the rare occasions there are times when something someone wears has to be commented on...or mentioned in a blog.

Everyone looked really nice to be fair, and we all see each other in our usual office attire so it makes for a nice evening when everyone looks dressed up and gorgeous.

Of course by the end of the evening, there are some who get so drunk that what they started out in ends up around their waist...dodgy photos to be produced at blackmailing moment (joke)...and there are some who wear something so unbelievably tight that we can see what they had for breakfast.

In all honesty...it doesn't really matter. Talking to one colleague she quite rightly said that anyone should be able to feel that they can wear what they want, and express themselves in how they feel fitting. She is of course right. But there was a little part of me that simply looked at this person and thought...really?

Not because the dress was awful, but because it didn't do her any favours. She doesn't have a terrible figure, but the dress was like cling film which consequently accentuated everything, and I mean everything. Another size up and she would have probably looked gorgeous.

However, who am I to judge? I wore a dress that was too big so maybe people were looking at me for the same reason?

Nevertheless in great Hollywood style, the dresses of the evening were C's, a nice plum lace affair which made her look lovely, J and J's who looked much like twins but were very elegant, L who always looks effortlessly gorgeous and many others.

A really good evening was had by all...some more than others, but less said about that the better, I really wouldn't want to incriminate anyone more than I have.

Pleasure working with you guys...see you all next year I hope.

No comments: