Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Love potions...

I recently went to a friends birthday party.

It was quite a big affair as she was celebrating a milestone for her so she was determined to do it in style. I have to say it was a really good evening, although I felt like one of the oldest people there.

Standing next to her in the ladies bathroom, I felt distinctly aged next to her. Partly because she is younger, gorgeous and I am ten years older than her. Hey ho.

Anyway, catching up with her today she has finally recovered from her momentous hangover, which in fact still saw her wearing her party outfit twenty four hours later...good girl.

In conversation we broached the subject of whether or not she was too drunk to funk...as it were...

"Good god no," she replied, "however I confess I don't remember a great deal."
"But you know you did?"
"Well, I was walking like John Wayne the next day...and I have got that feeling from using the you know..." She trailed off.
Ever the discreet person I looked at her directly, "No, what?"
She looked at me with a smile, "using love potions"
"Using what?" I exclaimed, nearly startling the sleeping baby in the back seat. "What on earth are love potions?"
She did at least have the decency to look a wee bit embarrassed, "You know, like playgel."
"Oh," I say, penny dropping...then, "Love potions? Really? Is that what you call them?"

At this point she confessed she hadn't called them that before, but it now seemed an appropriate thing to call them. The new love potion...by Durex, something the likes that Harry Potter has never seen before.

Sounds like Durex could be onto a good marketing tool here...

No comments: