Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 December 2012

Feeling complete...

Seven sleeps till Christmas.

Which means just eight sleeps until my hobbits go off to Spain again.

Thankfully on this occasion they will be only gone for two weeks, and Spider-Man clarified with me yesterday that he is only going for twelve sleeps this time, which reassured me that they do want to come home to mummy at the end of it.

I suspect most people have organised their Christmas Day by now, and we have too.

Christmas Eve we will be tracking Santa's progress courtesy of NORAD, which we do every year, we are going to put out our mince pie and milk (I refuse to be responsible for Santa's drunken antics)...we always read The Night Before Christmas and lay reindeer dust on the lawn so that the flying reindeer know where to land.

Christmas Day this year will probably be less busy...nevertheless, we will wake up to our stockings, bacon sandwiches and Christmas shaped eggy bread. I am really looking forward to spending the day playing with the hobbits. It is all about them and I can not wait to just play games with them rather than the usual stress of entertaining and making sure some Spanish relative has really had enough to eat.

We will be up early Boxing Day as we have to be at the airport for 5am so that we have time to catch our flight. The boys are of course ultra excited about having two Christmas' and it will be nice to have a mini break from the stress of hobbit raising.

But as always, I will miss their presence in the house. The house and I may sulk again by day four or five...they may be noisy hobbits, but they are my noisy hobbits and they complete me.

No comments: