Total Pageviews

Monday 31 December 2012

Daniel Craig...

Well the year is coming to a close, which always gives us a chance to reflect back on the year that we have had.

Doesn't it?

Perhaps many of you don't want to. Perhaps some of you out there would rather not look back on your annus horribilis and would prefer to look more about the future...which is a good positive thing to do also.

However, I set myself some goals to do this year from my list, and even though I know I am in effect only half way through the allotted time to complete my list, with it being the end of the year also it seemed like the perfect time to look back and see what I have achieved.

The last six months since turning forty have been a bit of a roller coaster if I am honest. Since making the decision to go it alone, the hobbits and I have hit some lows but also some amazing highs, and the good news there is we are going from strength to strength.

I have not once regretted my decision. We are, in essence happier than what we were, especially when I consider how stressful everything was this time last year.

I have made new friends and become even closer to existing ones. I feel more independent and I am a stronger person thanks to those around me, including you Dad.

Dad you have been there every step of the way this year, and your advice has been supportive and kind. I may not have used it all...but like all advice from my friends I appreciate why it is given and consider myself very lucky that people care.

There are so many others and you all know who you are, I hope that I don't pester you all quite so much in 2013.

As for achievements - I passed my initial CBT!!!! Yeah!!! I am so unbelievably chuffed about that, and perhaps I haven't expressed that enough. 2013 will see me moving on to the next stage and hopefully passing the big bike test.

I know I have many other things to do and I like my list. I like having mini goals, even if it is just to purchase purple DM's. These boots have become my happy boots. If I ever have to do something that requires an extra 10% of happiness injection, then I wear those boots. They keep me grounded.

So, on with 2013. On with the rest of the list, with more to do and to achieve...I hope you can all make a list as it has really helped. Alas the only thing missing on my list, is the absence of having Daniel Craig in my life for 24 hours...however, there is always the year of being 41...

Happy New Year to you all!

No comments: