Total Pageviews

Wednesday 25 July 2012

The house is sulking...

The house is too quiet.

It's not really talking to me these days, and I can tell it's sulking.

It's beginning to get on my nerves.

When I am on my own I spend my evening wandering around, trying to think of things to do and as I go round I am turning the radio and TV on just to fill the emptiness.

I think the house is missing the hobbits as much as I am.

When I come home after work you can just tell it's lonely.
"Just you and the wine then?" It asks me judgementally.
"I could turn the radio up, if it'll help house?" I suggest, trying to make friends.
The house shrugs, "Don't do me any favours..."



My friends are doing a stellar job of keeping me busy. They invite me over for dinner and make sure I've not been out to home base to buy rope. I have even had to say no to a couple of them as I have already made arrangements...something that has never happened in my lifetime.

But it is the quiet time alone that is the hardest.

I know I need the break and the rest, as life with hobbits is a full time job, I just didn't need this length of a break from my superheroes.

It is strange to get used to your own company again. It's been eleven years since I didn't share my house with someone, and although the hamster is a bit of a dude, I might give him whiplash if I cuddle him like I do the hobbits. Try explaining that to spiderman when he returns; 'Sorry, Jay had a neck accident so I've made him a neck brace out of pipe cleaners and cotton wool.'

He also appears to have made his own entertainment, and is clearly much more at peace with how things are than House and I are.

Someone naughty suggested I found a friend with benefits to help me through my hobbit dry spell. The trouble with that is even five weeks is a short space of time to find a willing friend to do the benefits with, so if no one turns up soon it may be too late.

I suppose I could also be very brave and finally open the drawer that contains the portal of power, however sadly it's not that cuddly...and I fear that once I get started I may not have enough batteries.

So it's just me and the house.

Back to annoying each other until the hobbits return.

1 comment:

biker said...

Bored ? repaint the ex's bike and go for a ride as you said thats what you inspired to be fitter