Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 July 2012

Super Women...

Tonight I got home from work at 5.15.

By 5.18 I was in my pyjamas.

Tonight is officially slobbing out night. International flights and other shenanigans over the last few days have taken their toll and I am exhausted.

When I arrived home the house was eerily quiet. A hobbit free house. I have now been home over an hour and the house and the kitchen are still tidy. A different state of affairs from last night.

At 7.30pm precisely, 6 sober woman arrived at the house, and just before midnight 5 very drunk women walked out - one was driving.

Super Mum's!!

These were the mums from the school that the hobbits
go to and every so often we meet up to let our hair down.

By day these women are home makers; chauffeurs; personal
assistants; writers and general life jugglers. By night, and
after a bottle of wine each, they become themselves.

As the evening wore on the music became louder, the singing more slurred and the gossip more intense. These lovely women came round to ensure that my first night home alone was not so lonely - and what an admirable job they did too.

Each of them arrived with a bottle and hug; all understanding how saying 'TTFN' to hobbits was one of the hardest thing I have ever done. They did a fine job of cheering me up and keeping me busy with washing up!

No holds barred conversations; weirdest crushes; top five men; the impact of 50 Shades on their own sex lives; is anyone noticing a theme?

My recycling bin is filled with empty bottles, and I discovered cigarette butts in with my growing carrots this morning - a sure sign that a good night was had.

It was a fantastic evening, thank you ladies for your excellent company we must do it again soon - however this morning I notice that my neighbours have a For Sale sign outside their house...can't imagine why...

No comments: