Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 July 2012

Stretched to the limit...

Well it has finally dawned on. The realisation is hard, but the truth generally is.

When your favourtite items of clothing are jogging bottoms and a hoodie, at some point you just have to face the reality that the reason you like said items is because of the elastic in the waistband.

Everything is expanding, except sadly my jeans and my bank balance, so it is time to do something about it.

 satsurou.deviantart.com
If I have any chance of meeting someone new, then the muffin top needs to go. Wonder Woman does not look good fat - however if you Google it, you'd be surprised how much of a fan base there is out there for Fat Wonder Woman. Go figure?!

I discussed this at length with my lovely friend B...she understands my pain as she has been there herself. Nevertheless she is blooming gorgeous (don't deny it girlfriend), whereas I am a bit of a plain Jane in comparison.

So this evening we discussed the issues of exercise and diet - whilst eating cheese, chocolate and wine; well, we hadn't quite put the plan into action at this point.

While the hobbits are away I have no excuse not to go swimming a couple of times a week, except the fact that my Twix will get wet in the pool. So, with reckless abandonment I am saying from Monday to Friday I will be a good girl.

There will be no wine, no chocolate, no bread, no cheese - gone are the chips, pizza's and kebabs (yeah, I really am that healthy) - and in their place will arrive salads, fruit, earlier meals and...exercise.

Initially I suspect my attempts will be pathetic; laughable even - but I shall burn through the pain; I shall not be shamed by my beetroot face and lung capacity of a gnat... I will stop using the exercise bike as a clothes horse and dust off my trainers. I can do this.

Well...until Saturday that is....

2 comments:

sammi-mckean said...

If you have a smartphone try using 'my fitness pal' it's freaking awesome, no faffing about weighing (you can scan barcodes on food) and no banned food.

It's worked for me where every other diet has failed.
x

Maxine said...

you are funny,. wish I lived closer I look like that cartoon wonder woman, we could keep fit together, I am half way there, I dont eat cheese drink wine or eat kebabs.. lol..xxx