Total Pageviews

Saturday 7 July 2012

A snog and a snuggle...

I have had a little bit of a flat day today.

Potentially it started out well.

I had a saucy little text message from a friend, which brought a nice smile to my face. It was a little bit cheeky and a little bit suggestive, so anything that makes me feel that someone out there sees me as a potential conquest is always exciting.

Perhaps it was the after effect of the saucy message that made me feel flat. Realising that a message is nice, but is no replacement for a snuggle is a little bit deflating.

Weekends can also be harder as you have constant reminders that you are on your own and normally at the weekend it's family time. Time to do things together after a busy week of school and work.

The hobbits of course are great for company, but they are also fairly good at entertaining themselves so once we had completed a few errands, they kept themselves amused with the Wii, leaving me to watch TV in my own room.

Here I was the adult, confined to my bedroom while they monopolised the lounge with their games...something not right there really.

So I felt a bit abandoned, with only my dad ringing to see if I was still alive.

Thankfully friends always seem to turn up at the right moment. On hindsight I am always amazed at how many friends seem to instinctively know that now is a good time to drop me an email, a message or turn up with a bottle and Tesco chinese takeaway.

We generally assume that people don't want to hear about us feeling low or down, when actually as a friend myself I would rather my friends picked up the 'phone and told me they felt crap, than sit there alone weeping through a bar of Dairy Milk and watching An Officer and a Gentleman.

Eventually after hearing the hobbits beat each other with cushions for the tenth time, I suggested we went out for a game of football. Someone wise told me that hobbit boys are like puppies...walk at least once an hour and feed regularly - and we were getting to the point that they really needed to burn off some excess energy.

With batman in goal, it was spiderman and superman against me, and like the professional footballer I am, I faked injury most of the time just to get them to run around just that little bit more.

In true hobbit style there was a lot of sulking, and at one point the goalie refused to give up the ball as we were scoring too many goals. He literally sat between his makeshift goal posts hugging the ball, with his bottom lip out.

No amount of cajoling and encouragement was
going to give up his prize, so the three of us
decided on doing our own version of the New
Zealand Haka just to scare him into coughing
up the ball.

It looked more like an aggressive form of patta cake, but we got him to laugh so that the game could resume, and apart from medical attention to a bitten lip the rest of the game went without a hitch.

I have no regrets about my recent decision.
On the whole I feel more positive, more energised...more like the old me. But it's only human nature to feel a little lonely on occasion. Nothing serious...nothing that a little flirt and a snuggle wouldn't put right.

My lovely friend B would agree - having a flirt and a snog keeps the lonely feelings away, and tides you over for a good few weeks. All of us single folk should have our GP prescribe PRN for a snog and a snuggle just for a top up, to keep us positive.

That would work - nothing serious, nothing long term, just warmth.

Now where was that text message again...?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to be of service

Unknown said...

Rx snogglysnuggle q4h prn weekends. brand - uniformed only
1 op

Dr. Squeeze
Xxx

Rosie said...

Hobbit Haiku, utterly fantastic!
And you are pretty fantastic too,
xxx