Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 July 2012

A quickie and a kebab...

Being back on the market is a scary thing.

Whilst I have no great urge to start dating again, it would be nice (did I just say nice?) to meet someone to chat to when my friends are fed up with me. You know someone to take to the movies, drink a bottle of wine with or chew the fat with...

But where do I meet this great communicator?

I'm too old to hang around outside McDonald's - and this is probably more likely to get me arrested than a new fella. I am rarely seen hanging around a bar, and if you have been in one lately there is far too much competition to allow a mum of three hobbits to get to meet someone.

So, dating websites it is then.

I prepared one evening to sign myself up to a well known dating website with a glass of wine and a half eaten Easter egg for courage. Having taken myself through the log in and registration I discovered the price per month. These sites are big bucks money - and for what? The person registering is doing all the work - seems like easy work to me.

I digress as always, but I left this website with no profile and no photo. No one is going to contact me if I have no photo.

Wrong.

My wonderfully supportive BFF enrolled me onto another website, of which, does have a photo of me and some very interesting blurb about how wonderfully spontaneous and cool I am. I sent a few messages to possible chat interests and waited...nothing.

Now clearly I must be a moose.
I have not even had a snifter from the one with my photo and exciting resume - but the other one without a photo I appear to have at least eight messages from guys wanting to chat, including one from Bigboy1808. The mind boggles...

What is it about free sites that suggest you
are only there for a quickie and a kebab
(if you're lucky!)
Another friend suggested an alternative free site
which literally does offer this service, and I
believe you have to prove that you are in
throwing distance of a local takeaway in order
to qualify.

So sign up for free and get herpes, or pay and get nothing.... Hmm, what is a girl supposed to do?

Why can't there be a reasonably priced dating site so that you don't feel that you are paying the equivalent of a Sky subscription in order to meet someone? Perhaps that should also be on my list of things to do...

Design a dating website that charges a fee that provides the cover of the website...for single mums and dads so that they can join up and make more Brady Bunch families.

Just a thought...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You my darling could be the new Sex and the City.. What a fab column!! I cant wait to hear more... jajajajaj do you really have to live close to a takeaway in order to qualify ??? jajaj

Unknown said...

There must be a website already out there - if not you should launch it: bradybunchdating.com? I will scour msf for suitables........

Anonymous said...

Parentsalready.com xx